Access the Gram staining procedure simulation with the following link: https://l
Access the Gram staining procedure simulation with the following link:
https://learn.chm.msu.edu/vibl/vibl/GramStain/gram_stain_HTML5Canvas.htmlLinks to an external site.
– After you are finished, list each step for the Gram staining procedure.
– Which of the four steps is the most important and why?
– What would happen to the cells if you use too much alcohol?
– What would happen if you would not use enough alcohol?
– What would happen if you left out the application of safranin?
For each of the following stains, list each of the chemicals used (in order), briefly describe what you would observe under the microscope (positive and negative results), and list examples for each.
– Gram stain
– Acid Fast
– Negative Stain
– Capsule Stain
– Spore stain