ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, Please double space in 12 Times New Roman. In yo
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, Please double space in 12 Times New Roman. In your response, please indicate the question number.
1. How do pronoun reference and grammatical agreement between subjects and verbs correspond to the mastery and understanding of academic language? How can these be applied to both early elementary and upper elementary age children?
2. How does sociocultural awareness and understanding strengthen comprehension strategies from one language to another?
3. Compare and contrast academic and social languages. Briefly explain a discourse level and the acquisition of academic language within a social contest.
4. How can you build your content instruction around your students’ linguistic strengths?
5. How can play “home” language develop language acquisition?
6. How can we further language development through drawing?
7. How does having just conversation facilitate language growth?
CHAPTER 1 OF Academic Language (A Centerpiece for Academic Success in English Language Arts)
Title Academic Language in Diverse Classrooms: English Language Arts, Grades K-2
Author Margo Gottlieb; Gisela Ernst-Slavit
Publisher Corwin Press
Publication Date October 1, 2013