Describe the author’s main point or points. If you are unfamiliar with finding the main point, please google how to do so.
The criteria for assessing this assignment will be how well the student read and followed the assignment directions and answered the questions. The student needs to show an understanding of the reading assignment. please place your name, class, day and time of the class, and date in the upper left-hand corner of your paper.
In a 500-word type written book review on Bread Givers by Anzia Yezierska, answer the following questions, in the order listed below, in essay paragraph form. Please use wordcount on your computer software. Your answer should be neither a transcription of the book’s contents nor a disguised summary of what the dust cover says. A book review is not a report. In a few brief paragraphs, bring the book into focus by applying your own understanding of the subject and the importance of the book. Please make your book review a thoughtful evaluation. If you use someone else’s words, ideas, details, and facts, from Bread Givers, or another source, please cite the source using the proper footnote form in the “Chicago-Style Citation”
Write out your answers in full sentences in paragraph form, and answer the following questions in order:
1. Describe the author’s main point or points. If you are unfamiliar with finding the main point, please google how to do so.
2. What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of the book.
3. Are there any biases inherent in the author’s observation about the topic written? If you are unfamiliar with what biases mean, please look it up in a dictionary.
4. Is this book appropriate for an introductory United States history class or better suited for an advanced class? Why?
5. What do you think is the value of learning the material in Bread Givers in a United States history class?
6 Is the book accurate for basic facts? Are the citations proper? (based on Chicago-Style Citation)
NB: Please do not use a short phrase or a few words for the answer.