Do not use any other format.
Create a Word document
1. Do not use any other format. No PDF, no JPG, no GIF,
no Apple or Mac format. Only Word. Be sure to save it to a
2. Whichever text or film you choose to summarize, utilize
the correct citation format for the article, chapter, book, or
film. For example:
David S. Jones,
“Virgin Soils Revisited,” William and
Mary Quarterly 60:4 (2003).
3. Your summary should be no longer than 1,000 words.
4. Check your spelling, grammar, and punctuation. If you
have trouble, please seek assistance from the Writing
5. Your task is to compose a succinct, accurate summary of
the principal arguments, data, and conclusions of the
6. Should you choose, you may cite rebuttal or comparative
scholarship. If you do so, use footnotes and correct citation