– full service or small boutique
A primary role of an advertising agency is the creation of an advertising and marketing plan specific to a business, product, and/or brand. Ad agencies work with business objectives, keep within ad budgets, and develop advertising and marketing campaigns to satisfy a business’ needs. Ad agencies pull all this together to provide a creative and compelling campaign intended to engage the attention of potential customers and get them to buy a product or service.
For this discussion, thoroughly read Chapter 3: “The Business of Advertising”, and then thoroughly review the following resources:
1. Advertising Age: adage.com
2. Advertising Age Data Center: https://adage.com/datacenter/
3. WPP: http://www.wpp.com/wpp
Now be sure you have a basic understanding of the various roles and responsibilities within the different types of ad agencies, and find an agency that might serve your specific career needs and imagine yourself in an advertising career and share with us the following:
1. What type of ad agency would you envision yourself, i.e., local, regional, national, international, full-service, small boutique, general consumer, business-to-business agency? – full service or small boutique
2. What role, position in that advertising agency do you see yourself, i.e., account executives, account planner, Media planner, creative director, research, etc, and tell us why? – creative director, research
3. What are some of the responsibilities you would have in that position?
4. What advertising brand or firm do you think you would be most effective working on and tell us why?
Please only refer to references provided and include in text citation