Human Genome Project (HGP) was published as a great success in 2003 when it was
Human Genome Project (HGP) was published as a great success in 2003 when it was the first time that the human genome was sequenced. Recent developments have however indicated that HGP can indeed never be completed, but they do propose that the first entire human genome to be sequenced would be by the end of this year, 2023. Please read the following article and answer the questions that follow
1. What is the basis of the claim that HGP can never be complete?
2. What do you understand by pangenome?
3. What were the caveats in the human genome published in 2001 which indicates that it was not a complete genome?
4. What were the achievements of the HGP from 2001?
5. Comment on how HGP is so difficult compared to those from other eukaryotic species. Use ANY ONE organism for comparison (e.g. yeast, chimpanzee, Drosophila etc.)
****References used should be within the past 10 years (2013-2023)****
*** follow the AJP- Cell Physiology format in-text citation and reference after every question!!!! ***
***SEE CITATION STYLE AT LINK BELOW:***