Nonprofits need to have both long-term and short-term goals. When allocating res
Nonprofits need to have both long-term and short-term goals. When allocating resources how do you balance both needs? Furthermore, what do you do when the mission of the organization becomes obsolete.
seperate paragragh Jim Colin’s in his monograph “Good to Great” the Social Sector defines his critical “hedgehog concept” to propel a nonprofit forward. (This is discussed in the lectures.) The three interlocking components of the hedgehog are:
1) What you are deeply passionate about?
2) What you can be the best in the world at?
3) What drives your economic [resource] engine?
Please compare and contrast the three items above, then do the following
(1) In your own words explain what each mean
(2) Using references give some examples of creating strategies for each