Objective: Identify a Public Service Organization you are familiar with. (Health
Objective: Identify a Public Service Organization you are familiar with. (Health Care System) You should have
had some interaction with someone in a leadership/managerial role in that PSO. The
reflection paper is designed to help you think critically and meaningfully about your
experience with the PSO, with respect to the individuals in that organization.
The reflection paper must also have the following information to give a
comprehensive view of the PSO:
– The mission of the organization
– Identifying the clients/customers of the organization
– The products/services of the organization
– The leaders and key decisions-makers
– Areas of the organization to which you have been exposed
– Organization funding
o Fees for goods/services, government grants, foundation grants, bequests,
loans, individual donations
o Awards & Recognition, News
In the reflection paper objectives are two-fold:
– Describe two things that stuck out to you about the organizational leadership. Why
did they stand out?
– Based on your experience, what makes this an effective public service
organization? Provide examples!
– Organization critique
– There should be headings/sub-headings for all relevant sections and in-text
citations wherever required. Submit a 3-4 page paper in Times New Roman, 12-
font, double-spaced, with one-inch margins (via Email). Must be submitted as a
Word Document. The heading must include the student’s name, date of
submission, title of assignment, and instructor’s name. Please use course
readings along with additional sources (with a minimum of 4
All non-original work must be cited in APA style.