Please Submit REFLECTIONS 1-5 Early Language and Literacy Field Reflections Assi
Please Submit REFLECTIONS 1-5
Early Language and Literacy Field Reflections Assignment
For this assessment you will review your field observations of infant, toddler and preschooler classrooms and complete a series of reflections that address specific topics of early language and literacy development. The purpose of this assessment is to understand the characteristics and needs as well as the multiple interacting influences on the development and learning of infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, as well as the caregiver/teacher practices that support early language and literacy development.
Each week the field observation is conducted, you will describe what you have observed and reflect on it based on the topic(s) covered in class in that week. The prompts for each week’s reflection are numbered 1 through 5 below (one prompt per week) and can be found in the syllabus.
The reflection entries should:
1) Address all the prompts
2) Reflect accurate knowledge of course topics
3) Include specific details from field experience
4) Demonstrate critical thinking
1) Use academic writing style (e.g., no abbreviations such as “you’re”)
2) Be clear and logical
3) Use correct spelling, word choice, and grammar
4) Recommended length: roughly 1.5 double-spaced pages for each entry